Thursday, July 18, 2013

Funny Friday Photos and a Sweet Award

Happy Friday! I think I need to reacquaint myself with you all! Between moving my parents to Nebraska and attending the Eric Jensen conference "Teaching with Poverty in Mind," I totally got all blogging/writing discombobulated. I missed Friday Photos last week because I was marooned in Dallas, Texas, after my flight on Thursday was cancelled. My bags made it to Denver on Thursday, but I didn't! That put me behind on everything, including picking my children up from my parents in Nebraska, and so I missed the first installment of "Something Bizarre Happened." I even had a great story from being marooned in Dallas.

All water under the bridge now, right? While I was taking my forced break, my wonderful writing friend, Melanie Marttila, bestowed a new blog award upon Motivation for Creation! Here it is!

The Super Sweet Blogging Award!
There are some rules, which include answering some sweet questions, but I promise I'll be brief, so we can get to the photos. Or, if you want, skip this part and head right to the photos below!

The rules:
  • Thank the person who nominated me.
  • Answer five Super Sweet questions.
  • Include the award in my post. (check!)
  • Nominate a baker's dozen of deserving bloggers. (gulp.)
  • Notify my nominees on their blogs.

The Thanks:

Thank you, Melanie, for the fabulous new award! I love blog awards!


The questions:


Cookies or cake?

Both. I eat cookies more because they're easier to make, and don't spoil as fast, but I love both.

Chocolate or vanilla?

Um, vanilla, I think. I choose plain vanilla ice cream and vanilla cake over chocolate ice cream or cake. However, I love chocolate candy bars, pudding, pie, etc... So, I guess maybe both, again?

Favourite sweet treat?

Chocolate chip cookies - from dough to cookie. And I usually eat more dough than cookies.

When do you crave sweet things the most?

All the time. I have a bad habit.

Super sweet nickname?

My husband and I call each other sweetie. :)

Nominations: I don't have thirteen bloggers to nominate, so I'll just come up with as many as I can think of:

Cindy Keen Reynders, David Walker, Denise Wilson Falvo, Lexa Cain, Kelley Lynn, Suzi Weiland Retzlaff, Nicole Bates, Stacy Stenberg Jensen, Mike Schulenberg, Joe H. (Cranky), Fel Wetzig. (I got eleven! If I'm forgetting someone, I'm so sorry.)

You are all so sweet and dear to me. You have stuck around and/or been helpful and supportive. Thank you and enjoy the award, if you want to accept it.

And now to Friday Photos!



















This is the pun of the day, but I really think it gets the best costume for a horse award.



My favorite this week is the Eleplant. I just relate to the poor little thing. I'm always doing things like that. But Catnip totally cracks me up, too.

What is your favorite?

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on your sweet award! I love that first cat photo, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award!

    They almost all made me laugh. I'll go with the elephant one too because I hate to trip and fall. Okay, who doesn't, really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to go with Here's Johnny until I saw Hold on...something about that one still has me laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award :) I think I'm going to have to go with eleplant this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The award is so cute and made me hungry. Choc chip cookie dough! Oh how I miss you... Thanks for the shout out. I'm delighted to be amongst the sweet treats! <3

    I'm having a big problem with the pics this week -- they're all just TOO funny! Elephant and Johnny totally cracked me up. Dog at the door was silly! And who doesn't love squirrels? Like everyone else, I'll go with eleplant. Awesome choices - thanks for the laughs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetie!
    Roadkill! Though I think eleplant comes in a close second for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun, fun, fun! Love the first one, the elephant, and the catnip. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face this Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your award and THANK YOU for the nomination! That's very sweet of you. ;) The cat in the rain cracks me up, just the look on the face of that cat. Eleplant is pretty cute too. I'm glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll go with you on the elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! You are super sweet! I agree about the elephant. Of course, s/he is just trying to cool off (I think). I always go with the elephant. They are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice award Lara! I love that wet cat looking into the house. You know there's going to be trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...