Friday, January 17, 2014

Funny Friday Photos and Fun With Static Electricity

 
Wow! All week long I was a day ahead, and now it really is Friday. That's good news!

Tonight (actually Thursday night) my father taught us a new game to play with static electricity. Each person shuffles around in their socks on the carpet carrying a spoon (any silverware would do, as long as it's metal, but I insisted on spoons for safety) to build up the static electricity charge. After you're sure you have a decent electrical charge stored in your body, you bring the silverware close together, but don't touch them, and you should get a pretty decent electrical arc from one spoon to the other. It worked beautifully, and the arcs were at least double the thickness and brightness as the ones when we shocked each other with our fingers. For best effect, turn off the lights!

Last week's favorite photo was:





And now, this week's photos!


I don't know how I feel about a dog having more class than me.


The longing in the lizard's eyes is heartbreaking.


Don't want to get in the middle of that fight!


I'm not afraid of spiders, but my heart just stopped, anyway.


What a fabulous looking cat! For some reason it reminds me of Peter Capaldi.


I read this in the voice of Doug, the dog from the movie UP.



And in the interest of gender equality:



All right! Here's a punny joke you may have seen already, but it's so cute.


I have no idea which is my favorite! The pitbull fight made me laugh the hardest, but then I found the dog elegance, and what they guy looks like really when he's checking girls out. 

Did you have a clear favorite?
Have a happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I've got to try this static electricity thing.

    The pitbull one was funniest. Although the cat with the turkey still takes it. :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! The silly cat with its leg in the air cracked me up. But the pitbull one is definitely the cutest. If I ever lived anywhere where the spiders looked like the one in that pic, I would move. IMMEDIATELY!! (I wouldn't even pack - just buy all new at wherever I was going.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pit bulls got to me, and that spider! Not showing that to Robert, there would be a Robert shaped hole in the ceiling if he saw that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave your comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...